tapestry-user@jakarta.apache.org

Re: Tapestry will be the Sony Betamax? JSF the VHS? Strategy?

Subject: Re: Tapestry will be the Sony Betamax? JSF the VHS? Strategy?
From: Jamie Orchard-Hays
Date: Wed, 23 Mar 2005 10:07:53 -0500
Ruby on Rails has been very successful in their marketing (and word of mouth). David HH solicited money for a professionally designed logo and web site and it shows. Rails now has no less than four books coming out this year and the framework isn't even a year old.

Jamie

On Mar 23, 2005, at 1:53 AM, Kent Tong wrote:

Kurtis Williams <kwilliams <at> mshare.net> writes:

Not to beat a dead horse, but it occurs to me that components are the
reason you use a framework.  We need a vibrant community of commercial
and open-source components behind us.

I believe marketing is far more important than components
or any other technical aspects of Tapestry. Technically
it is already far superior to any other competitors in
the Java world.

Therefore, we need a strategy of marketing Tapestry. On a
smaller scale, tell your friends about it, talk about it in
your local IT events or gathering. On a larger scale,
join our forces to lobby the large vendors/organizations to
bundle, endorse or support Tapestry in some way (IBM, BEA,
JBoss, ...). Just imagine if IBM bundled Tapestry with
WebSphere, we'd have a great news headline that will
be 100 times more powerful to an CIO than our words.