Re: Tapestry will be the Sony Betamax? JSF the VHS? Strategy?

Subject: Re: Tapestry will be the Sony Betamax? JSF the VHS? Strategy?
From: "Jamie Orchard-Hays"
Date: Wed, 23 Mar 2005 13:57:32 -0500
How many WO projects are out there? I looked at the Apple Developers Conference schedule for this Summer and there is not one session on WO. When I went two years ago, it was clear WO was dead in the water.
Look, all I'm saying is that Rails has done something I haven't really seen
before (even in WO, which I toyed around with three years ago) in the Web
app development world: make it easy to get the full stack of a basic app
running in an hour or so and the iteratively build that out. That's what
agile development is all about. I can't do that with Tapestry,
Cayenne/Hibernate, etc in an hour. Trails is making an attempt at this. In
the Rails world, with a few commands I can have a running app, and basic
files for test, development and production work.
Also, I'm not saying Rails is better than Tapestry w/ Cayenne or Hibernate.
I'm not interested any of those stupid arguments about "mine's better than
yours". I am interested in seeing what I can learn from different frameworks
and seeing what tools are best for what jobs.
Jamie

----- Original Message ----- From: "PA" <[email protected]>