Re: Tapestry will be the Sony Betamax? JSF the VHS? Strategy?

Subject: Re: Tapestry will be the Sony Betamax? JSF the VHS? Strategy?
From: "t.n.a."
Date: Wed, 23 Mar 2005 11:59:18 +0100
Kent Tong wrote:

Kurtis Williams <kwilliams <at> mshare.net> writes:

Not to beat a dead horse, but it occurs to me that components are the
reason you use a framework.  We need a vibrant community of commercial
and open-source components behind us.

I believe marketing is far more important than components
or any other technical aspects of Tapestry. Technically
it is already far superior to any other competitors in
the Java world.
Well...I guess that depends. No amount of marketing would make me use tapestry if I didn't really like it's design: I believe the same goes for a lot of people here, as well as others. Still, marketing is always good, so if you have ideas how to lobby the larger vendors to support and bundle tapestry, I'd be happy to hear it. I'm a computer engineer, not a marketing expert - the same inherently applies to a lot of people reading this mail, so other than word of mouth, I'm at a loss as to how I could contribute to the effort. Till I hear of a sound, doable strategy, all I can do is contribute to the techology via docs, bugreports, components, user support and the like and possibly organize a meeting with Vjeran as the only Tapestry user I know in a 100 kilometer radius. :)
For additional commands, e-mail: [email protected]