tapestry-user@jakarta.apache.org

RE: Simple database access (mysql)

Subject: RE: Simple database access mysql
From: "Shawn Church"
Date: Tue, 8 Mar 2005 22:25:57 -0600
I agree with Kevin in principle, but I would be hesitant to recommend adding
an ORM into the mix at this point unless you are already comfortable with
one of them.  In answer to your question, if you have a singleton connection
manager (i.e. - a connection pool) or even a global connection object, you
can initialize it in various places, but one example would be in
Engine.setupForRequest().  I would not recommend this sort of design in a
production application, but this will work if you are just trying to get
into Tapestry.

There are a number of examples on the web, but one place you might start is
the Tapestry Wiki at http://wiki.apache.org/jakarta-tapestry/.  Check out
the tutorials and the sample applications.

Shawn