tapestry-user@jakarta.apache.org

Preparing the stage [WAS: Re: Tapestry will be the Sony Betamax? JSF the

Subject: Preparing the stage [WAS: Re: Tapestry will be the Sony Betamax? JSF the VHS? Strategy?]
From: "Vjeran Marcinko"
Date: Wed, 23 Mar 2005 18:28:50 +0100
----- Original Message -----
From: "Matt Raible" <lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: "Tapestry users" <tapestry-user@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Wednesday, March 23, 2005 5:16 PM

> > Ruby on Rails has been very successful in their marketing (and word of
> > mouth). David HH solicited money for a professionally designed logo
> > and web site and it shows. Rails now has no less than four books
> > coming out this year and the framework isn't even a year old.
>
> Yeah, they also do releases monthly, not yearly. ;-)

Now you have struck Tapestry at weak spot ;)
I think that currently single most important thing for Tapestry is to
prepare the stage for other developers and volounteers to jump in and help
Howard, because as good as he is, he is only one man after all. Besides, he
has one more project (HiveMind) to take care of.

Unfortunately, HiveMind integration, and Portlet-related refactorings
lately, are changing Tapestry's internals so deeply that I guess most of
other commiters are waiting for things to settle down, so the things can
roll out with some proper pace.

-Vjeran