tapestry-user@jakarta.apache.org

Re: Tapestry 3.0.2 + FriendlyURLs

Subject: Re: Tapestry 3.0.2 + FriendlyURLs
From: "Matthew C. Mead"
Date: Sat, 05 Mar 2005 08:53:33 -0500
This is something I'd be happy to put together if it were sanctioned and blessed. I wouldn't want to cause a rowe by doing so.

It's something I intend to get going for my own purposes anyway, just once the rest of the app I'm building with Tapestry is in place and functioning like I want.

I thought someone was already putting together a patch, though. Just not sure of the timetable...

-matt

Erik Hatcher wrote:

It goes like this....

Howard is heads-down on 3.1 and has not expressed interest in future 3.0.x releases.

    I am pleased with my servlet filter approach for "friendly" URLs.

I am supportive of a 3.0 release that includes friendly URL support internally, but I don't have an itch to scratch to make it happen myself. The approach in the FriendlyURL support versus what Howard has already done in 3.1 is completely different though - this makes it more of a stop-gap hack than a wise architectural addition.

If another committer wanted to push through a release with this embedded, this probably warrants it being called 3.1 and then what Howard has been calling 3.1 be renumbered (4.0?! Howard doesn't like that idea though). Again, I'm supportive of it but have no time or interest in doing it myself.

    Erik

On Mar 5, 2005, at 5:46 AM, Massimo wrote:

On Sat, 05 Mar 2005 00:13:18 -0500, Anastasios Angelidis
<voodoo@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

It's not hard to do at all...

Follow: http://wiki.apache.org/jakarta-tapestry/FriendlyUrls

If that's all that easy i don't understand why developers could not
import it in the core for 3.0 tree ?

We all can see it's a recurrent demand from the community and we all
know how friendly URL are valuable from a search engine bot
perspective.

I think all can understand Eric point of view about doing it with
filters but the question "If that's all that easy why not?" still
remain.

Don you tend to agree ?

--
Massimo