Re: Tapestry will be the Sony Betamax? JSF the VHS? Strategy?

Subject: Re: Tapestry will be the Sony Betamax? JSF the VHS? Strategy?
From: Kent Tong
Date: Wed, 23 Mar 2005 06:53:32 +0000 UTC
Kurtis Williams <kwilliams <at> mshare.net> writes:

> Not to beat a dead horse, but it occurs to me that components are the
> reason you use a framework.  We need a vibrant community of commercial
> and open-source components behind us.

I believe marketing is far more important than components
or any other technical aspects of Tapestry. Technically
it is already far superior to any other competitors in
the Java world.

Therefore, we need a strategy of marketing Tapestry. On a
smaller scale, tell your friends about it, talk about it in
your local IT events or gathering. On a larger scale,
join our forces to lobby the large vendors/organizations to
bundle, endorse or support Tapestry in some way (IBM, BEA,
JBoss, ...). Just imagine if IBM bundled Tapestry with
WebSphere, we'd have a great news headline that will
be 100 times more powerful to an CIO than our words.

For additional commands, e-mail: [email protected]