tapestry-dev@jakarta.apache.org

Re: Tapestry or Cocoon

Subject: Re: Tapestry or Cocoon
From: Joachim Van der Auwera
Date: Tue, 19 Jul 2005 02:51:12 +0200
Erik Hatcher wrote:

On Jul 18, 2005, at 6:38 PM, Karthik Abram wrote:

Cocoon is not a framework for interactive web development. It is sad that the Cocoon team took a great and innovative request-response xml processing
framework and tried to turn it into yawf.

From what I've heard of Cocoon's form handling, it is quite slick with a continuation-based JavaScript engine:

    http://cocoon.apache.org/2.1/userdocs/forms/index.html

That is exactly what we thought. Until we started using for really complex formas that is...

Now if we could have a service to include something generated by a cocoon pipeline, then you could have the best of both world :-)

Kind regards,
Joachim