tapestry-dev@jakarta.apache.org

Re: Naming question

Subject: Re: Naming question
From: Danny Angus
Date: Fri, 25 Feb 2005 08:57:57 +0000
Don't flame me, but my 2c is..

Its right to look for consistent generic names, but why be so coy about
what they are,
why not either.. have a scheme like "TapestryRequest, TapestryResponse,
TapestrySession, TapestryContainer"
using a tapestry specific noun for the prefix (use a better prefix noun
than tapestry if there is one)

Or.. ditch the "container" altogether and have an
org.apache.tapestry.container package with "Request, Response, Session,
EntryPoint"

It bugs me somewhat when I see people struggle to find new names, when the
old names in a new package are often the neatest way to name things. I
don't think it makes things more ambigous and in fact I suspect it makes
polymorphic relationships easier to understand.

d.

The information in this e-mail is confidential and for use by the addressee(s)
only. If you are not the intended recipient (or responsible for delivery of the
message to the intended recipient) please notify us immediately on 0141 306
2050 and delete the message from your computer. You may not copy or forward it
or use or disclose its contents to any other person. As Internet communications
are capable of data corruption Student Loans Company Limited does not accept
any  responsibility for changes made to this message after it was sent. For
this reason it may be inappropriate to rely on advice or opinions contained in
an e-mail without obtaining written confirmation of it. Neither Student Loans
Company Limited or the sender accepts any liability or responsibility for
viruses as it is your responsibility to scan attachments (if any). Opinions and
views expressed in this e-mail are those of the sender and may not reflect the
opinions and views of The Student Loans Company Limited.

presence of computer viruses.