tamarack-discuss@opensolaris.org

Re: [tamarack-discuss] hald mounts removable media with bad permissions?

Subject: Re: [tamarack-discuss] hald mounts removable media with bad permissions?
From: "Shawn Walker"
Date: Sun, 28 Oct 2007 07:43:06 -0500
On 28/10/2007, Artem Kachitchkine <Artem.Kachitchkin@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> > I doubt an administrator plugging his usb memory key into a system
> > wants everyone on the campus to have access to it right away.
>
> Once the RFE I mentioned is implemented, admins should be able to set a
> mandatory GCOnf policy. OTOH, once that RFE is implemented, perhaps we
> can flip the default policy to a more secure one.

That would be fortuitous.

Thanks!

> > Since you know about this change, can you tell me what part of hald is
> > responsible for setting the permissions this way? If you have to dig
> > for it, nevermind, I'll find it myself, just asking if you knew "off
> > the top of your head."
>
> hal-storage-mount

Much obliged; I had started digging through last night and had gotten
to the part where it was adding devices, etc.

Really appreciated,
--
Shawn Walker, Software and Systems Analyst
binarycrusader@xxxxxxxxx - http://binarycrusader.blogspot.com/

"Beware of bugs in the above code; I have only proved it correct, not
tried it. " --Donald Knuth