tamarack-discuss@opensolaris.org

Re: [tamarack-discuss] hald mounts removable media with bad permissions?

Subject: Re: [tamarack-discuss] hald mounts removable media with bad permissions?
From: "Shawn Walker"
Date: Sun, 28 Oct 2007 01:01:52 -0500
On 28/10/2007, Artem Kachitchkine <Artem.Kachitchkin@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> That was old vold behavior, it was considered least surprise to remain
> compatible by default. There are other default parameters that don't
> work for everyone (different mount options, mount point in low case,
> etc) and there is an RFE to allow users override defaults via GConf.

I thought that might be the case, but seems like the needs to change
to meet the "secure by default" goals.

I doubt an administrator plugging his usb memory key into a system
wants everyone on the campus to have access to it right away.

Since you know about this change, can you tell me what part of hald is
responsible for setting the permissions this way? If you have to dig
for it, nevermind, I'll find it myself, just asking if you knew "off
the top of your head."

--
Shawn Walker, Software and Systems Analyst
binarycrusader@xxxxxxxxx - http://binarycrusader.blogspot.com/

"Beware of bugs in the above code; I have only proved it correct, not
tried it. " --Donald Knuth