sdl@lists.libsdl.org

Re: [SDL] Blit effects

Subject: Re: [SDL] Blit effects
From: Brian
Date: Tue, 18 Mar 2008 13:25:55 +0000
SDL's purpose isn't to provide easy access to hardware acceleration
(if anything, the current set of "things that are hardware
accelerated" in SDL is quite low, for example alpha blits aren't). If
you want accelerated graphics in SDL the general consensus is to use
OpenGL for the actual drawing, and SDL for the everything else.