sdl@lists.libsdl.org

Re: [SDL] SDL mouse events.

Subject: Re: [SDL] SDL mouse events.
From: Sam Lantinga
Date: Mon, 17 Mar 2008 08:57:12 -0700
> Hmmm. Does this mean that in 1.3 the mouse input is still gathered using
> a thread? This is one of my biggest gripes with 1.2. The problem is that
> if your input gathering rate differs from your game's framerate (which
> it almost always will), you get beats in the mouse input.

SDL doesn't have an event thred by default.  I think what you're seeing
is Windows collapsing mouse motion events in the event queue if you don't
process them fast enough.

SDL 1.2 uses the non-DirectX code by default, for the best compatibility,
but you're welcome to try out the DirectX driver
(putenv("SDL_VIDEODRIVER=directx")),
which uses DirectInput, and see if that improves things.

See ya!
        -Sam Lantinga, Lead Software Engineer, Blizzard Entertainment