sdl@lists.libsdl.org

Re: [SDL] My thoughts on keyboard input in SDL 1.3

Subject: Re: [SDL] My thoughts on keyboard input in SDL 1.3
From: Bob Pendleton
Date: Wed, 23 Jan 2008 08:51:19 -0600
On Wed, 2008-01-23 at 10:54 +0100, â wrote:
> Il giorno 23/gen/08, alle ore 04:24, Rainer Deyke ha scritto:
>
> > The actual up-arrow symbol is a valid unicode character ('â', U
> > +2191).
> > Why not use that?
>
> This is OK for iconographic keys, but not for keys that use text (for
> example, one might want to localize "Delete" to "Canc" or "Home" to
> "â" U+2196 NORTH WEST ARROW, which is what is printed on a standard
> Italian keyboard).

Then there is also the problem of typing an up arrow character. How did
you do that? Us folks who never have to use an input method to entire a
key wonder how you did that magic.

        Bob Pendleton

>   - â

+ email: Bob@xxxxxxxxxxxxx             +
+ web: www.GameProgrammer.com          +
+ www.Wise2Food.com                    +
+ nutrient info on 7,000+ common foods +