sci.electronics.basics

a changed q?? AC to digital including harmonics

Subject: a changed q?? AC to digital including harmonics
From: "pavan"
Date: 23 Jun 2006 04:29:21 -0700
Newsgroups: sci.electronics.basics
Dear Sir,
 i am sorry.. now am slightly changing th question as am planning to
use a microcontroller..

   I had a small query which i thought i would ask you. can you please
tell me if there are IC's which can read and measure AC signal, convert

it to digital format,trace the 2nd and the 5th harmonic component in an
AC wave of
fundamental frequency of 50Hz. if yes can they be interfaced with a
microcntroller. i ve to compare the digital equivalent of harmonics in
the wave also.. If not then please tell me if there are any
alternatives.I also want to know more about True RMS IC's. So waiting
for your reply.

Thanking You

Regards
Pavan