sci.electronics.basics

Re: Software for block diagrams

Subject: Re: Software for block diagrams
From: "Melodolic"
Date: Thu, 08 Jun 2006 19:20:24 GMT
Newsgroups: sci.electronics.basics
JeffM wrote:

> "EAGLE" , properly written, is all caps
> (Easily Applicable Graphical Layout Editor).

I'll try to remember that (but suspect I might not :).

>> - is block.lbr available for download somewhere?
>>
> Nah.  It took me a few minutes
> to make an assortment of generic boxes with X inputs and Y outputs.
> Just slap together something that suits you.

Aye, you're probably right. I was originally after some prog dedicated to
the task, but EAGLE is probably as much a prog as such a thing anyway.

> I also use symbols from existing libraries.

Yup, I started making a library for myself to hold components I couldn't
find - copied existing ones and modified them.

> I forgot to mention in the previous thread
> that EAGLE can export in DXF, making graphics rather portable.

I had a look but couldn't see something to do that, and DXF didn't come up
in the help, either.

--
Melodolic Spielberg