sci.electronics.basics

Re: Electrolysis for dummies

Subject: Re: Electrolysis for dummies
From: pom
Date: Sat, 24 Jun 2006 20:47:01 +0200
Newsgroups: sci.electronics.basics, sci.electronics.design
Mike Monett a écrit :
 Yes, there will likely be many problems trying
to use conductance. Did you see my other post on using the washing machine solution? You probably couldn't find water more contaminated than in a clothes washer, and the diaphram method can work for decades without failure.
Your proposed solution of the level-sensing problem with a washing machine sensor is rather failproof. But all the different drawbacks of a conduction based sensor made me think of capacity change. This can be enormous, given the very high value of the dielectric constant of water. And as the original poster seems to want to go rather far, technologically speaking, by using a microcontroller...
So long
Peter