sci.electronics.basics

Re: removing "hum" from an audio recording

Subject: Re: removing "hum" from an audio recording
From: "Luhan"
Date: 20 Jun 2006 20:15:02 -0700
Newsgroups: sci.electronics.basics, sci.electronics.design
Jim Thompson wrote:
> On 20 Jun 2006 18:32:13 -0700, "Luhan" <luhanis@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>

> >Jim Thompson wrote:

> >> They're predicting 116°F in Phoenix on Friday.  Time for you
> >> Easterners to drop by ;-)
> >
> >Thats why I moved here from Quartzsite: normal mid-summer temps there
> >peak at 130.  No records are set, because there is no official
> >temperature taken there.
> >
> >Luhan "The Desert Rat"
>
> Does anyone live in a house there?  All you can see from I10 is
> trailers ;-)

The houses there are all north of I-10; about 1 square mile.  I was in
a 32 foot motorhome with no ac (the compressor was already in 'thermal
cutout' from the ambiant temperature).  I had a makeshift swamp cooler
that put out 110 degree's if you sat right in front of it.

Even most of the locals leave town for the summer.  A few years before
I was there, they had a 'hot one' - hitting 136 reqularly.

Now the worst I have to deal with, is the walk to the mailbox on a hot
day.

Luhan