sci.electronics.basics

Re: Resistance measurement in the 0.5 - 1.0 Ohm range

Subject: Re: Resistance measurement in the 0.5 - 1.0 Ohm range
From: "Ed"
Date: Sun, 12 Mar 2006 16:22:17 GMT
Newsgroups: sci.electronics.basics

"redbelly" <redbelly98@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:1142136766.220257.271650@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

> With two meters, you could simultaneously measure the current and
> voltage of the resistor and get an answer accurate to 3 digits.
>
> Mark

Mark,

Thanks for the suggestion. As I mention in a clarification to my
original post,
the resistance is an ignition coil primary. What voltage would you
recommend
for your test? I don't know what the ignition module energizes the
coil with,
and in service the on-time is very short relative to what might be
required for
the testing. Don't want to fry the thing.

Ed