sci.electronics.basics

Re: 555 Timer Question

Subject: Re: 555 Timer Question
From: "DSallee"
Date: Fri, 23 Dec 2005 18:52:38 GMT
Newsgroups: sci.electronics.basics
"semaj" <semajx7@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:1135361611.989185.69080@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> This 4060 timer chip, is it also known as M54HC4060? Thanks.

Not exactly sure... the article only says "4060 Ripple Counter"

Here is an update on the schematic... I added some relays to control the
output switching...

This should work.. no guarantees because I haven't built it to make sure it
would work :) .. logically and on paper it should...

I have made 2 schematics, one showing the positive cycle
www.audiopulse.net/timer1.jpg and one showing the negative cycle...
www.audiopulse.net/timer2.jpg

You will notice that with each 15 minute pulse of the 1st relay, the other 2
relays will switch polarities on the output you are needing switched...
giving you the cycling you wanted... +9v for 5 minutes then -9v for 15
minutes then back to +9v for 15 minutes and so on....

Hope this helps
Dave