sci.bio.entomology.misc

Id requested

Subject: Id requested
From: Timothy
Date: Wed, 22 Feb 2006 10:21:01 -0800
Newsgroups: sci.bio.entomology.misc
Good day. A client of mine gave me some samples of infected willow,
possibly alder, don't know for sure. I'm not great at identification 80(

The issue at hand is that these samples have some sort of insect larvae.
I'm guessing that it is some sort of beetle or moth. Could some kind soul
take a look?

Samples were collected on Lummi Island, Washington State, USA on the beach.

http://resources.ywgc.com/photo/insects/pict1072.jpg
These are the infected stems.

http://resources.ywgc.com/photo/insects/pict1082.jpg
Close up of the infected stem and larvae.

http://resources.ywgc.com/photo/insects/pict1090.jpg
A size comparison of the larvae and a leaf bud.

http://resources.ywgc.com/photo/insects/pict1096.jpg
A close up of the larvae.

--
http://resources.ywgc.com/photo/
*** Encrypt your Internet usage with a free VPN account from