sci.bio.entomology.lepidoptera

Re: Black & Red Butterfly/Moth identification help please

Subject: Re: Black & Red Butterfly/Moth identification help please
From: Xi Wang
Date: Thu, 23 Jun 2005 22:38:49 GMT
Newsgroups: sci.bio.entomology.lepidoptera
http://www.nationalinsectweek.co.uk/cinnabarMoth_photos.htm

That it?

Cheers,
Xi

Robin McInnes wrote:
Hi,

I am not a collector or anything, or even much of an enthusiast, but on a walk in Anglesey, North Wales, the other day I spotted an attractive black & red butterfly, (Or is it moth?), and managed to take a photo of it.
I have posted it here:   http://tinypic.com/68qzyp

Could someone please tell me what it was that I saw? I looked through every image on the Natural History Museum site the day I saw it, but nothing showed up which resembled it.
It's probably something really common, too...

Thanks in advance,
Robin McInnes

Cheshire, UK