sci.astro

Re: Now I Understand

Subject: Re: Now I Understand
From: jmfbahciv
Date: Sun, 21 Dec 2008 08:48:41 -0500
Newsgroups: sci.astro, alt.2600, sci.physics, microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support, 24hoursupport.helpdesk

Bluuuue Rajah wrote:
Everybody rightly criticizes Micro$tiff for selling a crappy OS, and Linux is obviuosly better, if you have the time and the expertise to use in it, but until this week I didn't understand exaclty why Windows is such a POS.
When I had to uninstall the Google toolbar because Google installed an
update tht I didn't ask for, which overrode IE5's ctrl-f command, the
reason beame clear. Windows' install/uninstall method causes bugs to
accumulate, if programs are not ununstalled in precise the reverse order
of which they were installed.
The problem is that terrible method of saving old copies of system
files, like .ini files, as backups, to be restored when software is
uninstalled. So the more apps you uninstall, out of order, the buggier
your system becomes, until you finally have to reinstall the OS.
You need to work on the procedures which you use to backup your computer
system.

<snip>

/BAH