sci.astro

Re: Clays in Meridiani.

Subject: Re: Clays in Meridiani.
From: "don findlay"
Date: 8 Sep 2006 15:47:02 -0700
Newsgroups: sci.astro, alt.sci.planetary, sci.geo.geology, sci.physics
jonathan wrote:
> "jonathan" <Write@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
> >
> > "don findlay" <don@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
> >

> > Volcanism is a constructive process, building up layers upon layers
> > upon layers upon layers upon layers upon layers upon layers upon layers
> > upon layers upon layers upon layers upon layers upon layers upon layers
> > upon layers upon layers upon layers.
> >
> > Then it gets rubbed away and redistributed.
> >
> >  Why don't you ask them a 'sensible' question, .. like, ..one they can
> > get a grip of, ...like "Is there Plate Tectonics on Mars"  ...and .."If
> > lava keeps getting extruded on the one side of the planet, why isn't
> > there a great big  en hole in it round the other side...?"
>

> Now that I look at the topographic map again, there is a great big
> flippin hole in the other side. Look, there is!

That's cheating.  You were supposed to leave it to them and somebody
was supposed to say "the Hellas Basin".   Now you've introduced a
wildcard.  Some sandbag will be sure to point to the southern
hemisphere pushing the northern one down, making it lower, ..and claim
it evidence for plate tectonics.