sci.astro

Subject: Re: Ballistic Theory and the Sagnac Experiment
From: "George Dishman"
Date: Sat, 25 Mar 2006 18:07:10 -0000
Newsgroups: sci.astro, sci.physics.relativity, sci.physics
"Hexenmeister" <vanquish@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:ozeVf.122255$zk4.35489@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

> "George Dishman" <george@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
> |
> | "Hexenmeister" <vanquish@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
> | >
> | > "George Dishman" <george@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message

> | > |
> | > |
> | > |

> | > "If we take HU Aquarii's published orbit period of 125 minutes"
> | >
> | > I KNOW you are just too stupid to understand physics,
> |
> | Be aware I am quoting from a site supporting Sekerin and
> | ballistic theory and offering this as an explanation of
> | why de Sitter's multiple images aren't seen.
> |
> | > but it takes 90 minutes for Hubble to orbit the Earth.
> | > 125 minutes to orbit a star is ridiculous.
> |
> | It is an eclipsing binary with eclipses happening
> | once every 125 minutes.
> |
> Idiot. You wouldn't know an eclipsing binary from a dwarf cepheid
> to a pulsar.
> Pretty soon there'll be more star types than subatomic particles.
>
> | > http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nyquist-Shannon_sampling_theorem
> |
> | From the paper quoted on the site
> |

> http://adsabs.harvard.edu/cgi-bin/nph-bib_query?bibcode=1997A%26A...319..894S
>
> That's an abstract.

Sorry, the site is intended for use by the
computer literate, press the button marked
"Send PDF".

> | "Binsize of the lightcurve is 3.75 sec (2000 phase bins).
> |
> | Care to tell me what you think the real period is?
>
> Tell you, the one that imagines the riflemen all have 8 ppf muzzle
> velocity and can't even read that simple data, ...

Jim stated the problem:

Rifleman 3 fires a shot in frame 19 and in
frames 18 and 20 he is at exactly the same
location which means he is stationary:

http://www.georgedishman.f2s.com/Henri/stationary.png

If he is "stationary .. repeat .. stationary"
and you already know the bullet moves at 8 ppf,
then that is also the muzzle velocity.

You can check the other shots for yourself
and that rifleman 2 is moving forward at
4ppf as he fires which adds to the 8ppf
muzzle velocity to give 12ppf over the
ground. You've been scratching around for
some time now and still haven't found a
single error so when are you going to
apologise to Jeff for incorrectly saying
he lied?

> ... the Jef Rot lover?
> Get real.
>

> | Here's a movie, about 5Mb download:
> |
> | http://www.aip.de/~schwope/rhythms/hu_big.mpeg
>
> Wanker, wanker little star, ...

Stick to the poetry, astronomy is clearly
beyond you.

George