sci.astro

Subject: Re: Ballistic Theory and the Sagnac Experiment
From: "George Dishman"
Date: Wed, 15 Mar 2006 23:53:55 -0000
Newsgroups: sci.astro, sci.physics.relativity, sci.physics
"Henri Wilson" <HW@..> wrote in message
news:612h12d57vv80nqi0fh3vgb3gt3md15gni@xxxxxxxxxx
> On 15 Mar 2006 05:12:24 -0800, "George Dishman" <george@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> wrote:
>

>>Henri Wilson wrote:
>>> On 14 Mar 2006 02:53:58 -0800, "George Dishman"
>>> <george@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>>> wrote:
>>>

>>> When the star lies well beyond the critical distance, brightness curves
>>> are
>>> hard to interpret.
>>
>>Your program should still produce curves, not crash.
>

> It doesn't crash on my computer.

I don't have time to write any more tonight
but I found part of the problem, low values
of eccentricity cause the blue curve to blow
up. Try using 0.1 then 0.01 then 0.001 and
you should see what I mean. The graph vanishes
for zero. I used an orbital period of 0.0041
years (1.5 days) but I don't think it matters
much.

The program crashes if the number of orbits
is >25. For the pulsar we need to use at least
1200, probably more.

George