sci.astro

Re: Space "turkey" to be "done" by 2010

Subject: Re: Space "turkey" to be "done" by 2010
From: "N:dlzc D:aol T:com \(dlzc\)" <N: dlzc1 D:cox T:>
Date: Wed, 8 Mar 2006 20:04:12 -0700
Newsgroups: sci.astro, sci.space.history, rec.aviation.military
Dear anon1:

<anon1@xxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:1154b$440f8a20$c690c02a$2702@xxxxxxxxxxxx
>> ... or he did it to attract the terrorists to another
>> area of the world, where hopefully their suicidal
>> acts don't affect the corporeal taxpayers of the
>> USA.  Unfortunately, it does take some of their
>> sons and daughters...
>
> I have a proposed fix: Automate the battlefield.
> Do everything by remote control from home.

Why is *less* personalization a cure, when depersonalization is
clearly the disease?

> But buy all components from Wal-Mart, so if
> any are lost it's not anything of value.

Battlefield = lives, unless you mean robot vs. robot.  Just
because the other side wears meat that you don't call "yours",
doesn't mean they have no value.

I don't mean to jump down your throat.

The people we need to worry about are the ones taking our jobs.
Ultimately that is you and me, and what we buy.  Or what we are
allowed to buy, since "accountants" now source components for
even domestic products.  Everything else is secondary.

Look at any unit of US monetary currency.  It says "In God We
Trust".  Money is a unit of trust, of faith.

Look around you.  Who do *you* trust?  If it isn't everyone, then
*all* the terrorists have succeeded.

Sh*t.  A sermon on a Wednesday night...  Sorry.

David A. Smith