sci.astro

Subject: Re: Ballistic Theory and the Sagnac Experiment
From: Henri Wilson
Date: Mon, 27 Mar 2006 21:56:34 GMT
Newsgroups: sci.astro, sci.physics.relativity, sci.physics
On 26 Mar 2006 23:58:04 -0800, "George Dishman" <george@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

>Henri Wilson wrote:
>> Wilson does not agree with Einstein.
>>
>> Wilson agrees with Ritz..... who effectively said that in any one frame,
>> TWLS =
>> OWLS = c.
>
>Careful Henry, not "in any one frame", only "in the rest
>frame of the source" and only if the other equipment
>is also at rest. Bounce the light off a moving mirror for
>example and the reflected one-way speed will probably
>be affected but with those qualifications you are right.

I have made it quite clear before that by 'any one frame' I mean everything in
the experiment is in the one frame. That naturally implies source, mirror and
detector are mutually at rest.

Even Androcles should be able to understand that.

Incidentally, this is only true in flat gravity. If for instance the experiment
were carries out vertically, average OWLS would still equals average TWLS but
would have a value less than the constant c.

The 'hushed-up' Venus radar experiment verified this.

>George

HW.
www.users.bigpond.com/hewn/index.htm