sci.astro

Re: MESSENGER Lines Up for Venus Flyby

Subject: Re: MESSENGER Lines Up for Venus Flyby
From: "Brad Guth"
Date: 18 Mar 2006 23:17:37 -0800
Newsgroups: sci.astro, alt.sci.planetary, alt.music.rush
GARTINsux,
Those thick clouds of Venus are in fact helping to reflect the bulk of
solar energy, thus helping to keep the relative cool of that planet by
day, and otherwise helping to conduct and radiate heat away by night.
The quick moving upper atmosphere is actually performing as a good btu
scrubbing heat-exchanger agent that's helping quite nicely to transfer
and thus extract surplus energy.

The best available IR science we've got to work with is telling us that
roughly 15% more thermal energy is leaving Venus by night than is solar
contributed by day.  Venus EXPRESS is soon going to nail that
measurement far better off than anything that'll be obtained by the
MESSENGER flyby.

Therefore, very little of the solar influx contributes to the ongoing
geothermal situation at hand.

As to that other intelligent life on Venus could turn out being
somewhat human like, but my bottom dollar is on the side of the
exoskeletal evolution, along with a mix of whatever's ET worthy.  Such
other life on Venus could certainly be on the extra large size, though
not in great numbers.
-
Brad Guth