sci.astro

Re: infinite universe

Subject: Re: infinite universe
From: "G. L. Bradford"
Date: Fri, 03 Mar 2006 12:11:04 GMT
Newsgroups: sci.astro, sci.physics
"Bernhard Kuemel" <spamtrap@xxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:4406eeda$0$562$79720d31@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Hi sa, sp!
>
> A friend learned in school that 69! is bigger than the number of
> atoms in the universe. "Nonsense!" I said, "The universe is
> infinite, so it has infinite atoms."
>
> After some research it turned out that it is unknown if the universe
> is finite or infinite. However, some sources claim a singularity at
> the big bang where the mass of the universe was contained in a point
> (or ring) with 0 volume. I find it hard to imagine that a 0 volume
> can instantly explode to an infinite volume. Is this actually
> possible? Hmm, if the singularity contained infinite matter and then
> expanded so there was finite space between particles then it must
> become infinitely big. Hmm, I guess, an infinitely heavy singularity
> would be surrounded by an infinitely big event horizon. Could the
> matter in the singularity spread over the infinite volume in the
> event horizon?
>
> Thanks for your wisdom. Sorry if this is a FAQ. The number of atoms
> in the *observable* universe < 69!.
>
> Bernhard

  Depends on how you see "infinite." It every point in the Universe (U) is
seen at that point to be the center of the entire Universe, and if distance
to the most distant horizon (Big Bang, speed of light, Planck.....) in every
possible direction of the observable universe (u) is seen from every point
that can witness that horizon to be precisely the same for all points --
whatever their relativity of position or velocity or time to other points,
then the Universe should be infinite.

  It is presupposed that all space is one space (one space-time continuum).
Since we can't see it as being such, since it is unobservable simultaneity
(simultaneousness) incarnate, ipso facto there is no such thing as one,
single, absolute of [3-d] volume space. But there is only one, single,
absolute of distantly remote collapsed (relatively speaking (the same
horizon being universally relative to every "point") [1-d] horizon. Therein
and therefore the Universe [is] (can only be) infinite. It has no volume
(zero volume); it has finite [2-d] surface (as in the [2-d] surface of a
volume bubble (all volume bubbles (that is, all local volume universes)))
the center of which is the aforementioned "point"; and last but not least,
it (that distantly remote collapsed [1-d] horizon) cannot possibly have any
other length than infinite length.

  The fourth dimension of "time" ("relative time") is nothing more than the
distance-time (measured by the speed of light (the base unit of
distance-time)) to the distantly remote collapsed [1-d] horizon from each
and every local, or foreground, or preferred frame of reference, or
relative, "point" center of the Universe. There being no actual one, single,
center point to the entire Universe, there being an endless number of point
centers totaling an infinite length in horizon, the greater Universe (now
also called "the Multiverse" (or "multiverse" (very confusing)) is an
infinite Universe.

  When thinking about endless numbers of point centers to an infinite
Universe, do not(!) think only in terms of relative positions but think also
in terms of relative velocities. Though it may probably be denied that
velocity has anything to do with "rubber sheet" expansion / contractionism,
[relatively speaking] it has everything to do with it. Any one of those
endless number of point centers may become inclusive of many others of the
endless number of point centers, or conversely, exclusive of them, according
to relative velocities.

GLB