sci.astro

Subject: Re: Ballistic Theory and the Sagnac Experiment
From: "George Dishman"
Date: 10 Mar 2006 05:40:13 -0800
Newsgroups: sci.astro, sci.physics.relativity, sci.physics
Hexenmeister wrote:
> "George Dishman" <george@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
> >
> > jgreenfield@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> > I extracted two consecutive frames to check the speeds:
> >
> > http://www.georgedishman.f2s.com/Henri/frame_11_to_12.png
> >
> > The displacements match Jeff's values. I haven't checked
> > any more pairs (there are 93 frames in the gif) but the
> > speeds look constant by eye.
> >
> > George
>
> LOL!
> The speed of riflemen 3 doesn't look constant by my eye,

Jeff wrote in
http://groups.google.co.uk/group/sci.astro/msg/a0cdfd044de5fd71

> ... the speeds of the bullets relative to the targets are:
          ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

> 1)  8 pixels per frame
> 2) 12 pixels per frame
> 3)  8 pixels per frame
> 4) 12 pixels per frame

The speeds are of the bullets, not the riflemen.

Bullets from riflemen 1 and 3 move from pixel 109
to 117, a shift of 8 pixels in one frame, while the
bullets from riflemen 2 and 4 move from pixel 137
to 149 or 12 pixels in one frame. Those are exactly
the numbers Jeff gave so your accusation appears
to be incorrect.

George