sci.astro

Re: Magnetic Fields Sculpt Narrow Jets From Dying Star (Forwarded)

Subject: Re: Magnetic Fields Sculpt Narrow Jets From Dying Star Forwarded
From: Jonathan Silverlight
Date: Fri, 3 Mar 2006 23:18:55 +0000
Newsgroups: sci.astro
In message <1141397377.305323.200960@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, John Curtis <john@xxxxxxxxx> writes
Jonathan Silverlight wrote:

I know you have a bee in your bonnet about water, but in this case the
water is actually in the form of a fairly good vacuum.

Wickramasinghe-Hoyle panspermia needs water and salts in
close contact.  Perhaps, atmospheric pressures, generated
by the gravity of stars, simulate the deep-ocean environment
of black smokers, which are invariably accompanied by biota.
John Curtis

The only place you're going to get that sort of pressure and temperature is in deep-ocean environments (Doh !) It's irrelevant to stellar jets, or indeed stars. Anyway, panspermia barely qualifies as a theory, and doesn't even consider life as we don't know it.