sci.astro

Re: infinite universe

Subject: Re: infinite universe
From: "G. L. Bradford"
Date: Sun, 05 Mar 2006 13:38:47 GMT
Newsgroups: sci.astro, sci.physics
<RadicalLibertarian@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:1141488883.413828.9400@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

(snip)

> For instance - a point has no sides. If you observe a point, you are
> observing it from all sides at once because it has no sides.

(snip)

  I hope you realize what you said here ("If you observe a point, you are
observing it from all sides at once because it has no sides"). You turned
the picture upside-down...or rather inside-out. You the observer are then
the core center point of a bubble, and the center point that was is then the
viewable wall of the bubble in every direction outside you. You can only do
what you said if you exchange places (if you become the point singularity
looking out to an all surrounding singularity). Therefore it passes a
version of the mirroring test. It does have a side. But one side and one
side only (no other side). To mean no other side that is in any way, shape
or form [finite], of course. Any and every point still has an "event
horizon."

GLB