sci.astro

Re: Moonquakes

Subject: Re: Moonquakes
From: "al"
Date: 19 Mar 2006 13:05:16 -0800
Newsgroups: sci.astro, alt.sci.planetary, sci.geo.earthquakes
which "running water"
was a "surprise?
Kola peninsula. Over a period of more than a decade a huge
purpose-built rig drilled to over 12 kilometres to investigate the
structure of the Continental Crust (sorry about the units, I'm in
Australia and we're metric here - so are the Russians).

The results showed unexpected fractures and fissures and water-bearing
zones deep in the crust, where conventional wisdom expected the
pressure of rock above to close up all cracks.

The delay is - i'm told -because my server has problems.
Hope this answers your question.
It was part of a previous thread.
al