sci.astro

Subject: Re: Ballistic Theory and the Sagnac Experiment
From: "Hexenmeister"
Date: Tue, 14 Mar 2006 18:04:42 GMT
Newsgroups: sci.astro, sci.physics.relativity, sci.physics
"George Dishman" <george@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:1142354764.261610.38680@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

| Hexenmeister wrote:
| > "George Dishman" <george@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
| > |
| > <george@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

| > | I think even with ballistic theory, the dip would
| > | suggest near grazing, but that's the point, you
| > | have complete freedom to determine an
| > | alternative orbit from the data using your
| > | program.
| > |
| > |
| > | Of course we can trust the readings, they aren't
| > | in question, it is the _interpretation_ of the readings
| > | that you need to revise using ballistic theory. If you
| > | can't, ballistic theory is falsified by observation again.
| > |
| > | George
| >
| > What observation?
|
| http://xxx.lanl.gov/PS_cache/astro-ph/pdf/0507/0507420.pdf

You are not just an ugly face, but stupid as well.
  http://www.androcles01.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/RR_C7/RelativityRevealed.htm

| > Three clocks were synchronized locally (really).
| > One was sent to Mars (really) and another was sent to Saturn (really)
| > The third little piggy stayed at home (really).
| >
| > Are these three clocks still synchronized today?
|
| Almost, good enough for operations but not
| navigation for which they use a fully relativistic
| analysis.

 http://saturn.jpl.nasa.gov/operations/saturn-time.cfm

"The time it takes for a signal - which moves at the speed of light through
space - to travel from the spacecraft to Earth. From Saturn, one-way light
time can range from about one hour and 14 minutes to one hour and 24
minutes. "

An Earth orbit satellite can almost complete an orbit in that time.
So, according to shithead George,  84 minutes error is "almost"
synchronized and good enough for navigation.

| > According to NASA - JPL they are.
|
| ... not.

I thought you said they almost were, now you say they are not.

| >   http://saturn.jpl.nasa.gov/operations/saturn-time.cfm
|
| "Unless otherwise noted, all times on this website
|  have been converted to U.S. Pacific Time ..."

But 84 minutes slow.
Yawn... such a shithead, who but a fellow shithead would
believe you?

Androcles.