sci.astro

Re: has NASA achieved speed of light?

Subject: Re: has NASA achieved speed of light?
From: "Brad Guth"
Date: 18 Mar 2006 22:55:37 -0800
Newsgroups: sci.astro, alt.sci.planetary, alt.music.rush
LIBERATOR; "has NASA achieved speed of light?"
>I say yes. They have achieved using speed of light for spacecraft.
>And sure as hell they're not going to let us know they did.

>What do you say Brad Guth?
I'd say that's a bit of a loaded question, and of the sorts I'm not
sufficiently qualified to answer beyond by best SWAG.

I think that 'c' and even FTLS is technically doable for photons,
though for physical matter of any form suitable for us humans or even
via micro robotics is asking for a serious butt load of trouble in
River City, that is unless physical matter becomes quantum string or 2D
photon like.  It's that third dimension that represents a real killer.

Without one hell of an artificial magnetosphere plus one heck of an
impressive physical shield, even 10% 'c' can be somewhat lethal to life
as we know it.
-
Brad Guth