sci.astro

Subject: Re: Ballistic Theory and the Sagnac Experiment
From: "George Dishman"
Date: 21 Mar 2006 04:29:23 -0800
Newsgroups: sci.astro, sci.physics.relativity, sci.physics
Henri Wilson wrote:
> On Mon, 20 Mar 2006 20:16:53 -0000, "George Dishman"
> <george@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> wrote:
> >If so, the factor k above obviously needs to
> >be 1. The beam that starts at c+v finishes
> >at (c+v)-(c+2v) = -v while the other ends at
> >(c-v)-(c-2v) = +v.
> >"Paul B. Andersen" <paul.b.andersen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
> >> To explain the Sagnac, the light would have to slow
> >> down to a fraction of it original speed in an I-FOG.
> >> It doesn't.
> >>
> >> Face it, Henri.
> >> The Sagnac falsifies the ballistic theory.
> >> No way out.
> Why don't you ask Paul to set up our light fibre 'coil experiment' as a PhD
> exercise.

a) Because you are bone idle, do it yourself.

b) Because, if the light doesn't slow to a stop
   before it reaches the end of the fibre, it doesn't
   produce enough effect to match the experiment
   as I told you a few posts back:

George Dishman wrote:
> "Henri Wilson" <HW@..> wrote in message
>
> > Is not the ratio ~c+4v?...quite enough to cause the observed fringe shift.
>
> My back-of-envelope calculation suggests it
> would not be enough. I am still waiting for
> your equations though.

Paul's analysis reaches the same conclusion.
If you want the experiment done, do it yourself,
I told you how you can do it with no special
equipment at all.

George