sci.astro

Subject: Re: Ballistic Theory and the Sagnac Experiment
From: "Jerry"
Date: 31 Mar 2006 03:20:19 -0800
Newsgroups: sci.astro, sci.physics.relativity, sci.physics
Henri Wilson wrote:
> On 30 Mar 2006 21:06:53 -0800, "Jerry" <Cephalobus_alienus@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> >Henri Wilson wrote:
> >
> >> Our friend Jerry claimed to have done this and achieved a positive result.
> >
> >Negative result.
> >
> >> But because Einstein said it couldn't happen, she concluded that
> >> the effect was due to mechanical distortion only.
> >
> >Your theory predicts many thousands of fringes displacement.
> >Since I most decidedly did -not- see many thousands of firnges
> >displacement, centrifugal effects are disproven.
> >
> >The minor fringe displacements that I saw were completely
> >consistent with mechanical stretching of the fibres as I coiled
> >and uncoiled them.
>
> No Jerry, you merely wanted that to be the case.
> The truth is, you were seeing light speed changes before your very eyes.
>
> >My experiment cost less than $20 to set up. Yet you refuse
> >to try it out for yourself; instead you prefer fantasizing about
> >experiments far beyond your budget and technical expertise
> >to set up and perform.
>
> Jerry there is nothing difficult about this experiment...after all, even you
> managed to do it...even if you DID refuse to accept the results.

No, I accept the results. They are
ABSOLUTELY AND TOTALLY INCONSISTENT WITH THE
CENTRIFUGAL FORCE EXPLANATION OF THE SAGNAC EFFECT.

If centrifugal force effects of the "v" part of "c+v" are responsible
for Sagnac fringe displacements, then an experiment sensitive
to the -direct- centrifugal force effects of "c" should demonstrate
huge effects with even a single turn. In an earlier post, I gave you
my computation of the predicted results of the centrifugal force
hypothesis. The prediction failed, and all you could do was wave
your hands about how maybe the centrifugal force effect shows
up only at low speeds, and is less sensitive to high speeds.

> I don't have a laboratory at my fingertips these days you know.

Neither do I. But some experiments are doable with even
the simplest of setups.

> Besides I have too many other projects going at present.

Your main project being spewing your nonsense all over these
newsgroups.

Jerry