sci.astro

Subject: Re: Ballistic Theory and the Sagnac Experiment
From: Henri Wilson
Date: Mon, 20 Mar 2006 23:46:43 GMT
Newsgroups: sci.astro, sci.physics.relativity, sci.physics
On 19 Mar 2006 19:51:24 -0800, "jgreenfield@xxxxxxxxxxx" <jgreen@xxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

>Henri Wilson wrote:
>> On 17 Mar 2006 19:48:41 -0800, "jgreenfield@xxxxxxxxxxx" <jgreen@xxxxxxxxxxx>
>> wrote:

>> >No worries! We are 10,000tonnes into an estimated 40,000 t crush of
>> >2006 vintage.
>> >Cheers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
>>
>> There is so much good stuff around it is hard to find a bad red.
>> Even Mathew Lang at $3.50 a bottle is very drinkable.
>
>It is certainly a drinkers' market   :-)
>Producers around here are actually relieved that yields are down, due
>to increasing over-supply.

Where are you, SA or VIC?

>Quality is OK still.

Beautiful...and cheap..

>I fully agree with your comment to George ref science investigating the
>properties of photons
>at source; why light leaves at c is one of the major mysteries, and it
>is ignored due to the
>AE disease.

I find this amazing. The answer is probably just what physics needs to give it
a boost but Einsteiniana has put the handbrake on that.

>Analogy might be that an atom has (say) 100 units of energy, but can
>only release them in the form of emr in discrete packages of 1      not
>  .99    or 1.1

For some reason it changes 'frequency' instead of speed wrt source. I reckon a
photon 'package' has an intrinsic oscillation...which is where its 'intrinsic
energy' is stored. It also has the usual KE due to its motion wrt a particular
frame...and the two are related in some way. Maybe 'intrinsic energy' is just
its mass.

>Skol!
>Jim G
>c'=c+v