sci.astro

From our perspective, a black hole is a frozen hypernova.

Subject: From our perspective, a black hole is a frozen hypernova.
From: Jeff_Ðelf
Date: 8 Mar 2006 06:34:21 GMT
Newsgroups: sci.astro, sci.physics
Hi  Sam_Wormley,  Nice to see you again.

Re:  This statement of mine:

  No place in nature could ever have infinite density or a perfect vacuum
  because it'd take infinite energy to maintain a perfect vacuum
  and infinite density would emit infinite Unruh radiation.

You replied:

   And the physics supporting this statement is ?
   Black holes are examples of infinite density.

The Sci.Physics FAQ says black holes never complete their formation,
it takes too long, they'd evaporate before then.

Locally, the dissipation is powerful Unruh radiation,
but, from our perspective, it's merely Hawking radiation.
Remember, seconds at an ever forming event horizon are many aeons to us.