sci.astro

Re: Eclipse and EINSTEIN

Subject: Re: Eclipse and EINSTEIN
Date: 29 Mar 2006 01:57:07 -0800
Newsgroups: sci.astro
Scott Miller wrote:

<TOTAL BALONEY SNIPPED>

Mr Miller, if that is your name, you are impertinent.

Nothing you have said has made any sense - nor has my other critic.

I stated, for example, that IF light has no MATTER, and has no MASS,
THEN.......

I went on to say, that - HOWEVER - it does make matter move.

In order to make matter move, it must have MASS.

I did not say at any time that light has REST MASS.

I said it must have MASS.

This mass is known as RELATIVISTIC MASS. I call it "Einstein Mass",
because he showed that energy has mass.

Before any of you arrogant people criticize, you must first READ and
first UNDERSTAND what I am saying.

There are two kinds of mass. There is rest mass - as with matter at
absolute zero in the dark, and there is Einstein's relativistic mass of
energy. They are DIFFERENT KINDS of mass - but in many ways have
similar properties.

After all my years in photoelectrics, and all my studies, I do not need
to be lectured that electricity can create magnetism, and that
alternating magnetism can create electricity. Almost every child knows
this.

YOU ARE UTTERLY UNSCIENTIFIC TO CONCLUDE, AS YOU DO, THAT LIGHT
CONTAINS ELECTRICITY.

Light is called "electromagnetic" because it is alternating magnetism
which CAN UNDER THE RIGHT CIRCUMSTANCES interact with electricity.
Correctly it should be called "magnetic radiation".

So it is legitimate to remind any proper scientifically educated
audience that they should not confuse electricity and light.

I am also fully aware that there are many ways of observing the
"magnifying glass" effect of the sun upon light that passes near it.
One can construct a disc of cardboard or metal, and cover the sun with
it. You are quite presumptuous to push words into my mouth.

I never said that an eclipse is the ONLY way of testing the hypothesis.

There is so much wrong with your mind, that you cannot possible be a
scientist. Scientists are precise.

Charles Douglas Wehner