sci.astro.amateur

Re: Rules of Evidence (S&T January Editorial)

Subject: Re: Rules of Evidence S&T January Editorial
From: ""
Date: 11 Dec 2006 10:36:53 -0800
Newsgroups: sci.astro.amateur
This is fun and so easy. RCOS is run by incredible hypocrites, This
from their web site:

"Designed exclusively for RC Optical Systems, this Field Flattener
reduces field curvature and off axis astigmatism, while also reducing
off axis spot size. The FFC mounts on the back plate or inside the 2004
Model (or newer) PIR. There is no telecompression and will allow the
optics to operate at their native f/ratio.

Designed to work with the 12.5RC, 14.5RC, 16RC, and 20RC. Ideal for use
with 35mm format (CCD or Film).
RC Optical Systems, Inc. An Arizona Corporation
4025 E. Huntington Drive, Suite 105, Flagstaff, AZ 86004, 928-526-5380"

If the RCOS RC scope is the "ultimate optical design", why does it need
a "field flattener"?

And, obviously, they are introducing additional "glass lenses" in their
optical train"---just like the Meade RCX does.

Where are all the self-styled "optical experts" from this group?
Bratislov??  How do you resolve all these conflicting claims of RCOS
and Star Instruments. It will be fun to watch this lawsuit as it
proceeds.

And I note that RCOS still refuses to identify Dan Azari as one on
their employees on their website discussion of the lawsuit. Azari
"misled by Meade advertising into buying a Meade rather than a RCOS
thinking they were identical?? What incredible BS to allege in a
federal lawsuit when it is knowingly false.

Star and RCOS have handed their heads on a plate to Meade.