sci.astro.amateur

Re: Why are Atheists so intolerant of other religions?

Subject: Re: Why are Atheists so intolerant of other religions?
From: "Jeff Strickland"
Date: Mon, 25 Dec 2006 16:37:34 -0800
Newsgroups: sci.astro.amateur, alt.religion.christian, alt.atheism, alt.politics.usa.constitution, misc.education

"cpt banjo" <cptbanjo@xxxxxxx> wrote in message news:1167003598.290867.243410@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Jeff Strickland wrote:

If there is NO God, and one believes in Him, then all one has lost is time on earth to behave as one would like. But, if there IS God, and one behaves
as though there is none, then he'll have Hell to pay.

I'll suffer a bit on earth trying to live as though there is God, hoping to
avoid having Hell to pay later. If you want to live for today and ignore
God, then you can pay later but leave me out. Frankly, living with God in my heart doesn't demand all that much, and living without God demands more than
I care to tally.

Suppose, though, that God will punish all those, and only those, who
believe in Him.  Then you're in big trouble, aren't you?.

On the other hand, suppose God only punishes those that do not believe, or those that profess to believe but do not walk the talk. Then, you're in big trouble, no?