sci.astro.amateur

Re: Rules of Evidence (S&T January Editorial)

Subject: Re: Rules of Evidence S&T January Editorial
From: Pierre Vandevennne
Date: 03 Dec 2006 12:26:54 GMT
Newsgroups: sci.astro.amateur
"George Normandin" <georgepn@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in
news:lprch.412739$QZ1.74127@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx:

> As for Meade's concern about sales: I think that it's more of a
> 'status thing' if the Company 7 website can be believed. Their webpage
> on Meade states that over 85% of Meade sales are generated by small
> cheap scopes sold to Wal-Mart.

This is from their yearly report: advanced telescopes is roughly everything
above 7 inches and the Coronado stuff.

"Advanced astronomical telescopes collectively represented approximately
1%, 2%,and 3% of telescope units shipped and approximately 11%, 17% and 21%
of the Company?s net sales for its fiscal years ended February 28/29, 2005,
2004 and 2003, respectively."

Entry level scopes:

"Sales of entry-level telescopes comprised approximately 99%, 98% and 97%
of the Company?s telescope units shipped and approximately 34%, 35% and 36%
of the Company?s net sales for the fiscal years ended February 28/29, 2005,
2004 and 2003, respectively."

Binoculars

"represented approximately 23%, 21% and 24% of the Company?s net sales
during those fiscal years, respectively"

Riflescopes

"represented approximately 20%, 18% and 8% of the Company?s net sales for
its fiscal years ended February 28/29, 2005, 2004 and 2003, respectively"