sci.astro.amateur

Re: Why are Atheists so intolerant of other religions?

Subject: Re: Why are Atheists so intolerant of other religions?
From: Josh Rosenbluth
Date: Mon, 25 Dec 2006 19:49:43 -0500
Newsgroups: sci.astro.amateur, alt.religion.christian, alt.atheism, alt.politics.usa.constitution, misc.education
Jeff Strickland wrote:

"Josh Rosenbluth" <jrosenbluth@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:_ZidneYRj-JttRLYnZ2dnUVZ_t-mnZ2d@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Jeff Strickland wrote:

If there is NO God, and one believes in Him, then all one has lost is time on earth to behave as one would like. But, if there IS God, and one behaves as though there is none, then he'll have Hell to pay.

Do you think we can pull a fast one on God, as if He isn't going to know you "believe" in Him only to hedge your bet against spending eternity in Hell.

No, I do not believe one can pull a fast one on God. Sorry if I made it look like you might get off easy.

So doesn't that destroy your above argument as a reason to believe in Him. That is, you should only believe in Him because you truly do.

Josh Rosenbluth