sci.astro.amateur

Smoking on the grounds of a public star party

Subject: Smoking on the grounds of a public star party
From: "Dave Jessie"
Date: Tue, 28 Nov 2006 23:59:14 -0500
Newsgroups: sci.astro.amateur
OK, I admit I haven't been to any of the major observing events that take
place annually around the country, or else I'd already know the answer to
this question.  Perhaps some will remember a similar question I posed a
couple years ago about this matter.  Anyhow, here goes...

What's the rules regarding smoking on the grounds where folks have set up
equipment?  Our 57 year old astronomy club is, once again, arguing about
this - well, some members are.

We FINALLY posted 'No Smoking' signs in our observatory after much heated
debate - and lost some members over it.  The rest of us are relieved to be
out of the smoke, I assure you.

Is it the general rule that there's NO SMOKING anywhere on the grounds of an
observing event??

Clear Dark Steady Skies,
Dave Jessie