sci.astro.amateur

Re: Does this guy know what he's talking about??

Subject: Re: Does this guy know what he's talking about??
From: Chris L Peterson
Date: Thu, 30 Nov 2006 01:18:14 GMT
Newsgroups: sci.astro.amateur
On Wed, 29 Nov 2006 19:37:52 -0500, "Joe S." <anon@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

>Amazon.com just delivered to me a copy of "The Urban Astronomer's Guide" by
>one Rod Mollise.
>
>At first look, it appears to be a useful piece of work.
>
>Does this guy really know what he's talking about?  :-)

No, he's completely clueless. He's got some serious chutzpah writing
about the sky when he lives underneath the Gulf Coast soup and has
rarely seen it! (He does, however, seem to have a history of seeing
stars induced by a certain southern potent potable <g>.)

Chris L Peterson
Cloudbait Observatory
http://www.cloudbait.com