sci.astro.amateur

Re: Polar Alignment using Digital Setting Circles

Subject: Re: Polar Alignment using Digital Setting Circles
From: "HeyJP"
Date: 9 Nov 2006 16:58:05 -0800
Newsgroups: sci.astro.amateur
Hey Guys,

Thanks for the responses.

I have done 20 minute exposures with no noticeable rotation since using
this technique.  But I haven't been as active in the last few months.
I will play with the 100% and 150% corrections to gather "empirical"
data.  But, when I get out, I get lazy and just do what seems to work
and get the eye glued onto the eyepiece as soon as possible.

What I have noticed is that when using this technique, for a several
hour observing session, dialing in objects with the DGC is pretty
awesomely accurate.  I get disappointed if the object is more than 25%
away from the center of a medium power lens.  ;-)

Thanks for your inputs, again!!

Jim