sci.astro.amateur

Re: Beyond Rosamond Report

Subject: Re: Beyond Rosamond Report
From: Chris L Peterson
Date: Mon, 27 Nov 2006 16:22:43 GMT
Newsgroups: sci.astro.amateur
On Sun, 26 Nov 2006 23:03:59 +0200, "Ioannis" <morpheus@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

>Take any scientifically agnostic person who believes in the Christian religion
>and a real scientist.
>
>Both persons are essentially "long term believers" in their very own niches.
>The first believes that eventually everything is understandable through
>sufficient study of the Bible, the second that eventually everything is
>understandable through sufficient study of science...

You're painting with too broad a brush. There is no requirement that
Christians believe in the literal truth of the Bible, nor that
everything can be understood through its study. At a minimum, Christians
need to be placed in two categories- Bible literalists, who are either
fools or just plain stupid, and the rest, who practice Christian
philosophy in one form or another. There is no conflict between science
and the beliefs of the latter (who I'm quite certain represent the
majority of Christians).

Chris L Peterson
Cloudbait Observatory
http://www.cloudbait.com