sci.astro.amateur

Re: Scope City vs. Telescopes.com

Subject: Re: Scope City vs. Telescopes.com
From: lal_truckee
Date: Thu, 26 Oct 2006 17:26:22 GMT
Newsgroups: sci.astro.amateur
Mij Adyaw wrote:

That is true, however it is important to note that some folks are wannabees all of their life. Scope city does not have nearly the inventory and expertise that OPT and Anacortes has.

They are also a physical chain with multiple outlets, and good off-the-shelf stock, and a strong web presence. Since Lumicon closed in Livermore (and was bought by this very same Scope City IIRC) the SC in San Francisco is my easiest physical astro outlet.

I wouldn't call them wannabees by any means.